While opening a new office, several things come across the mind of the owner and the hired designer. From better interior designing to providing additional essential facilities for the employees, the owner wants to give a good enough working environment to his company’s workers. Every employee has their own requirement while working; some like cubicles and the others like the open office set-up. So, it becomes a tough question for the employer to go with one option.
To make this whole task easy for you, here we discuss the pros and cons of both cubicles and open office concepts. It will give you an exact idea of both the terms and make the decision-making process relatively stress-free.
As the name suggests, this concept aims at giving an open and transparent environment for the employees to work. Other than that, this set-up offers better communication among the employees and leads to relevant collaboration too. Under this, the owner can easily keep an eye on the worker’s activity and find out whether they are working with efficiency or not. There is a lack of privacy for sure, but you get a huge space to work effectively due to open space.
Advantages of Open Offices
– Open space leads to effective communication among employees.
– Compared to cubicles and private offices, open offices are way cheaper.
– You can enjoy more flexibility and customization under this category.
– Open offices give the big office impression, beneficial for the clients who will visit your office.
Disadvantages of Open Offices
– You will find more distractions in open workspaces.
– Lack of privacy is also a matter of big concern.
– More noises lead to less concentration while working in an office.
The concept of Cubicles was introduced in the year 1960. Robert Propst is said to be the very first person to think about it. Talking about the relevancy of cubicles in giving the right working environment to employees, it has several points to consider. If you are a person who wants their own space to concentrate on work, then cubicles are the right choice for you. Yes, it limited the overall space as you need to adjust everything in that small area, but you get the sense of ownership of your own space where you can keep all your essentials, from files to other essential documents. You can work effectively, as there is no existence of external stimulation or interference.
You will get several online companies dealing in the sale of built-in office equipment. You can buy desks, chairs, file stands, conference tables, and other furniture in Manila with ease.
Advantages of Cubicles
– The first advantage of adopting a cubicle set up for your office is that it will give you a standardized look where everything is well-organized and structured.
– Equality can be maintained among the employees as every person will be getting the same kind of space and environment for working. It will boost the productivity factor too.
– You will get the maximum use of the space by adding the cubicle segment in your office. It can be counted as an optimized way to deal with staff members in a limited space.
– You can remain stress-free by organizing your employers in a cubicle. It will eliminate the overall stress and tension.
– With limited distractions, an employee can stay focused on the work by maintaining privacy. You can stay relaxed that no one is watching you continuously and remain in that small zone to work freely.
Disadvantages of Cubicles
– Limited collaboration is the very first concern related to cubicles. Yes, you get privacy, but the divisions make the communication process hard for employees.
– Provision of the limited area also comes under this heading. It will be difficult for those who like to work freely in a lot of space.
Overall, both concepts have their own advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your business needs, you can pick the one that suits you effectively. If you’re shifting to a new office and want to know what will work better for the employees, you can ask for the workers’ votes.